We need your help.
We are making a large financial investment to accelerate our pivot from an analytics-as-a-service company to a product company. Our core product offering is a both a machine learning platform and a member and provider engagement software that will grow into a recommendation system. With rapidly expanding client base, we are looking for someone that can help us scale the solutions. If you’ve got what it takes and are interested in the position description below, we can’t wait to share our product backlog with you!
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for the execution and management of inbound client and internal service-based data pipelines. This encompasses the development, management, and operation of our client data hubs, including data intake, data quality assessment/evaluation, data curation and enrichment processes. Our client data hubs consist of various health related data sources supporting Decision Point services including our AI/ML platform, analytics platform, and OPUS application suite. If this interests you, read on.
- Design and develop data integration (ETL) processes (including ingestion, cleansing, unification, etc.)
- Automate the processing of customer data feeds
- Provide technical leadership and work with client data teams to gain an understanding of inbound data
- Design and develop tools to support data profiling and data quality methodologies
- Work with our data science team to assist with data prep and data enrichment for predictive modelling
- Work with and provide updates to the customer success team
Skills & experience:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or applicable experience
- 5+ years of experience with ETL principles
- Advanced SQL experience; Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL preferred
- Advanced knowledge of data manipulation methodologies
- Ability to discover and highlight unique patterns/trends within data and solve complex problems
- Keen understanding of database design principles; has worked within staging, data warehouse, and analytic database environments
- Comfortable working with very large data sets and VLDB environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with version control: Git preferred
- Some DBA experience preferred
- Understanding of data science and predictive modelling concepts preferred
- Experience working within host vendor and cloud-based infrastructure; AWS and Rackspace preferred
- Familiarity with statistical software R and BI tool Tableau a plus
A little bit about Decision Point:
We are a rapidly growing healthcare technology company changing the fundamentals of patient and provider engagement. For years, health plans have relied on descriptive data and reactive engagement. We empower our clients to understand and predict the whole member journey, enabling sustained improvements in member health outcomes and plan performance. We combine the latest, most practical technologies and a deep understanding of healthcare, bringing innovative, pragmatic solutions to an industry that touches us all.