We need your help.
We’re looking for a self-starting and driven Senior Data Analyst to join the Decision Point Client Analytics team. This opportunity will enable you to contribute to the Decision Point mission by helping our healthcare customers make data-driven decisions. Your mastery of transforming complex data into actionable information will inform health insurance and healthcare provider organizations on how to best target, engage, and empower their patient-members to make better health decisions.
There are three main areas of focus. The first is to work with Decision Point analytic consultants and customer support teams to build customized reports and strategic recommendations. The second is to assist the product team in the buildout of data analytics and reporting capabilities for our product offering. The third is to assist the Data Operations and Data Science team in preparing data for modeling. The right candidate will join other Decision Point team members that are passionate, hard-working, and eager to learn on a path for career growth. This position reports to the Director, Client Analytics.
- Become an expert in clients’ unique data
- Compile and organize traditional and non-traditional healthcare data (medical claims, satisfaction survey data, social determinants of health-related data sources, consumer data, etc.)
- Work with Decision Point analytic consultants to gather requirements for Decision Point applications, as well as standard and custom reports and dashboards
- Transform data into usable information and data assets to support Decision Point applications, as well as standard and custom reports and dashboards
- Assist in the development of reports and presentations
- Communicate data anomalies, trends, and analytic insights to team members
- Understand data storage and data sharing methods
- Help ensure that the team maintains high standards of data management
- Ensure quality control procedures are followed
You’ll use your:
- 3-5 years of experience in a related area (e.g., healthcare data analytics, analytic healthcare or healthcare management consulting)
- Background or interest in behavioral economics, healthcare, or health insurance operations
- Familiarity with machine learning, statistical, or financial modeling
- Established track record of creative problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SQL, R, or Python
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
You’ll know you’re succeeding when:
- You help to meet and exceed timelines to deliver to our clients
- You help to lower QA (quality assurance) cycle times with your excellent attention to detail
- You quickly master our existing requirements gathering and delivery process and continuously work to improve upon it
- You become an expert on our clients’ data, informing not just analysis but also the fulfillment of ad-hoc report requests that help to grow client accounts
- You help to uncover new and exciting information by marrying traditional and non-traditional data sources
You will get the opportunity to:
- Contribute to building upon a company that is mission-driven, team-oriented, and uniquely positioned to make an impact on millions of lives.
- Those in the Senior Data Analyst role can move in one of two more linear career paths on the Client Analytics team – or decide that other career paths look right (Data Science, Data Operations/Engineering, Customer Support, etc.). The two most common next steps within the Client Analytics team are as an Analytic Consultant or as a Business Intelligence Engineer. Decision Point also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you are looking for, you can work with your manager to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us, such as to Data Operations, Data Science, or Customer Success.
- Receive competitive compensation along with health benefits, and 401k matching.
A little bit about Decision Point
We are a rapidly growing healthcare technology company changing the fundamentals of patient and provider engagement. For years, health plans have relied on descriptive data and reactive engagement. We empower our clients to understand and predict the whole member journey, enabling sustained improvements in member health outcomes and plan performance. We combine the latest, most practical technologies and a deep understanding of healthcare, bringing innovative, pragmatic solutions to an industry that touches us all.