As a Senior Consultant on the Product Analytics team at Decision Point you will leverage your healthcare domain knowledge to provide strategic advice on the direction of Decision Point’s product offering that assists health plans in managing their provider’s performance. This is a cross functional role that supports product development, data science/analytics, and client success.
The Senior Consultant will work hand-in-hand with Provider Analytics product management to design new analytic features (I.e. episode cost benchmarks, provider quality measures) and implement them within Opus, Decision Point’s provider analytics product. As part of owning feature design, the Senior Consultant will lead the feature feasibility analysis by investigating available data, designing potential solutions, and presenting findings and recommendations to internal and client stakeholders. The Senior Consultant will also work with product management to design analytic dashboards and views that client health plans can use within their normal provider management workflows.
Examples of prior analytic projects include:
- Benchmarking Episode Cost Against Peers
- State-by-State Provider Performance Assessments
- Invention of Logic to Infer a PCP’s Referral to a Specialist
- Assessing the ROI of Provider Management Programs
In addition, the Senior Consultant will work with the data science team on assessing the utility of new features for the use in machine learning (ML) as well as identifying areas of opportunity for our ML services to be better integrated within our Opus product offering. The Senior Consultant will use findings from analysis of product data and user research to identify opportunities for improved features for modeling and use in our member and provider segmentation capabilities. This position will also work closely with the software development team to design and implement the data architecture for new features in our Opus application data warehouse.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare, health insurance, and/or care management operations, consulting or similar experience preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience performing analytics role at a health plan, healthtech, consulting firm, or healthcare provider system
- Strong SQL programming skills (experience with python a plus)
- Strong understanding of relational data, ETL practices, and OLAP databases
- Excellent presentation skills. You know how to read an audience and structure your conversation so that you get your message across
- Proficiency with data visualization. You know all the do’s and don’ts about visual representation
- Understanding of statistical methods for evaluation (knowledge of machine learning a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience with executive level communication