We need your help.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented data engineer to join our DataOps team. This opportunity will enable you contribute to the operation, support, and enhancement of our mission critical data operations platform and the development of data pipelines. Our data operations platform supports high volume, high velocity data ingestion and curation to support our existing, and rapidly expanding, health plan client base.
What you’ll do:
As a junior data engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the execution and management of inbound client and internal service-based data pipelines. This encompasses the development, management, and operation of our client data hubs, including data intake, data quality assessment/evaluation, data curation and enrichment processes. Our client data hubs consist of various health related data sources supporting Decision Point services including our AI/ML platform, analytics platform, and OPUS application suite. If this interests you, read on.
- Develop and apply scalable data integration (ETL/ELT) processes (including ingestion, cleansing, curation, unification, etc.)
- Support various components of the data pipelines, including ingestion, validation, cleansing and curation
- Manage and ensure the success of ongoing data pipeline routines
- Collaborate with our implementation team to assist with the identification and reconciliation of data anomalies
- Create and maintain documentation on data pipelines
- Engage with our software engineering team to ensure precise data points per application specifications
- Provide periodic support to our customer success team
Skills & experience:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or applicable experience
- Expertise with SQL, database design and data manipulation methodologies
- Expertise with ETL/ELT and the development of automated validation and data pipelines
- Strong data profiling and analytic skills; Ability to discover and highlight unique patterns/trends within data to identify and solve complex problems
- Keen understanding of EDW, master data management and other database design principles
- Comfortable working with high volume data in a variety of formats
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Passionate at learning
- Familiarity with healthcare data is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and version control tools is a plus
- Experience working within hybrid cloud environment such as AWS is a plus
Why Decision Point?:
We’re as passionate about our people as we are about making our mark on healthcare. Fostering a fun and challenging environment that’s centered around personal and professional growth has brought us to where we are today. We are constantly seeking out new ways to reinvest in our team members because let’s face it, we all do our best work when we feel valued.
- Meaningful work
- Remote friendly environment
- We encourage outside the box ideas
- Great healthcare coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Social outings